Thursday, June 6, 2013

Don't call it a comeback......

Sometimes I make rash decisions.

Starting this blog and committing to full blown paleo for 30 days was not well thought out. I love beer. I love oatmeal. I love not being a cranky monster to everyone around me because I'm not deep in the throws of some serious sugar withdrawal. I love having a life. But I'm starting to learn the commitments I stick to and the ones that pay off (two months post paleo challenge I'm back to eating and drinking relatively normally, and still down the 17.4 pounds I lost from the paleo experience, plus 2 more) are the ones I don't let myself over think.

So drum roll it out and cue rash decision number 2: I just signed up to complete the 9 + 1 New York Road Runners requirement for guaranteed entry into the 2014 New York City Marathon. That's 9 races and 1 volunteering gig in the next seven months....with a couple of other pre-existing race commitments, some weddings, the whole having a life thing, oh, and did I mention we're opening a new restaurant? That too mixed in for fun.

The race schedule will be as follows:

  • June 29: Front Runner's New York LGBT Pride Run; 5 miles
  • June 30: Achilles Hope & Possibility; 5 miles
  • July 21: NYRR 5-Borough Series: Queens 10K; 6 miles
  • August 24: Harlem 5k; 3.1 miles
  • September 22: NYRR Fifth Avenue Mile; 1 mile
  • September 29: NYRR 5-Borough Series: Bronx; 10 miles
  • October 13: NYRR 5-Borough Series: Staten Island Half; 13.1 miles
  • October 27: Poland Springs Marathon Kick off; 5 miles
  • November 2: NYRR Dash to the Finish Line; 3.1 miles

And once I get through that, the real training begins.....AND you get to read about it! I'll be posting again, albeit a lot less often than before, about my training (which now includes Crossfit--also kind of a snap decision), my diet, and some other things in between. And if you're signed up for any of these races, let me know! Would love to see you out there.

Word.






No comments:

Post a Comment