Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 14: Motivation

Today is National Pi Day, which fat America has turned into National Pie Day. Which means pie was literally in my face all day. My IFK (inner fat kid) was fiending HARD but to combat the overwhelming desire to face plant into some pie, I spent parts of my day (read: the hungry parts) reading about some pretty awesome and badass people.

Check some of them out below:
  • Elisabeth Akinwale: Said to be one of the fittest women in teh world, Elisabeth Akinwale shares her thoughts on CrossFit, healthy living and being a mom in her blog: http://elisabethakinwale.com/2013/02/11/im-not-trying-to-be-that-diesel/. This was one of my favorite posts of hers discussing conventional stereotypes about beauty and strength. I had two favorite parts to this post. The first is when she says, "if you have conviction about what you are doing, you must hold onto that as your shield against the naysayers." My second favorite part was actually in the comments section when someone said,  "I'm attracted to impressiveness, in whatever form it may take."
  • Amelia Boone: I'm not afraid to admit that I have a girl crush on Amelia Boone. She's a lawyer and one of the fiercest competitors in the adventure racing circuits, guy or girl. Also, she's freaking smoking. And her approach seems to be understated bad-assery, which is something I find really impressive. http://raceipsa.blogspot.com/ 
  • Scott Jurek: I read "Eat and Run" and wished it hadn't ended. Scott Jurek is an ultra-marathoner that has not only competed in, but won almost every elite ultra out there. He's not only an ambassador for the sport of ultra running, he's also an educator and philanthropist. http://blog.scottjurek.com/ 


1 comment:

  1. I have been following your posts and I love the wittiness :) Keep it up to the end of 30 days! I think it takes a lot of power to remove yourself from social situations where you know you would be tempted to break the challenge, and you're doing amazing with it!

    ReplyDelete