Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 18: Breaking into the double digits

I spent my morning dealing with things way beyond my maturity level, which kind of set the whole morning off in a crappy direction. I should have gotten up early and ran, a plan I had mentally committed to the night before. But instead I chose to sleep in a little, which basically set off a chain reaction of shitty events. In my mind I could totally see two versions of my day: how it would've gone had I just done what I said I was gonna do, and how it actually went. Lesson learned: get up and run, LAZY.

I got to work and was in a dank mood for a bunch of reasons, although to be honest, that I broke down and didn't run was the most annoying one of all.

So tonight I was on a mission to not only get my run on but also to burn off some of my frustrations with some circuit training, which went a little bit like this:

5.5 mile run at an 8 minute pace

20 burpees x2
15 push ups x2
30 sit ups x2
1 minute plank x2
30 lunges x2
500-meter row

Getting in a workout definitely helped me find the positive side of my shit mood: being in a bad mood motivated me to finish my workout and distracted me from the task at hand. Running inside on a treadmill also takes the work out of having to focus on pacing, which was pretty nice. And for whatever reason, doing work at the gym makes everything--work and my actual life--feel much more manageable.

So other than a bunch of bullshit, one of the bonuses of today was a weighed myself this morning, and I've hit the double digits. Officially down 10.4 lbs. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment