Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 21: Forgive me Blogger, for I have sinned.

Few things motivate you to get your fat ass to the gym like starting your day up to your elbows in steak. Literally. My day started with a reporter taste testing four different cuts of 28-day dry aged meat.

This meal was promptly followed by a second meal at a different restaurant with a different reporter for lunch.

I know a lot of my posts lately are about the things I've been giving up to get through this diet, but today I have to be thankful for everything I have, like the ability to mainline, like, 200 bucks worth of prime, top quality steaks for breakfast; or the fact that a large majority of the meals I've been eating on the paleo train have come from some of the most talented chefs in the city.

I also have to give major props to my friends and family, who have adjusted our normal routines (mostly involving serious gluttony and alcohol consumption) and instead have gone to bootcamps, spinning classes and other various lengths to hang. And also for their pretty constant support and encouragement. Y'all are the best, thanks!

In other news, I blackout cheated today--I had regular milk in my coffee at lunch, which didn't even register until I had already poured it into my cup, hence the blackout. But the paleo gods definitely got their revenge for my blatant sinning--I almost immediately got a pretty bad stomach ache. It's weird how quickly your body adjusts and learns what it should and shouldn't be having. If that's not paleo karma, I don't know what is.

But I've recovered, the work day is over, and I'm heading to the gym to log at least an 8 miler and some body circuits. Giddy up.





No comments:

Post a Comment