Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 25: Requisite reading = Our Bodies, Ourselves

If you're a dude I suggest you stop reading because shit's about to get REAL.
 
Real girly.
 
The last few days I've had some pretty epic mood swings. One moment I love sunshine and puppies and rainbows and butterflies, and literally two seconds later, I live in a world of darkness, the puppies are rabid, its pouring and the house is infested with bugs. It hasn't been fun, and I can guarantee these hulk outs haven't been pretty. It all started on Friday, and I wrote it off as the emotional roller coaster that is paleo dieting. But during my run on Saturday, my rage kicked into a whoooole nother level, which was great during the run (first sub 7 miler I've run, and then banged out four more ranging between 7:30 and 8:10) but terrible afterwards.
 
When I was in second grade, my teacher at the time passed away from an aneurism. I remember the day before it happened, she got so mad at our entire class for being bad--like anger levels I've never seen in a teacher before--and I remember reading that inexplicable mood swings were a warning sign signaling an aneurism. So of course, I spent my Saturday evening saying silent goodbyes to the people I loved.
 
Obviously, my freak out was totally out of line, because nothing happened. But the base layer of rage was still there. Was eating like a caveman actually turning me into a caveman? Was I a club and a loin cloth away from living in a cave and bludgeoning my next meal to death?
 
No, dummies, I wasn't. What I was experiencing was my first official "lady time" on the paleo diet. Where normally I'd feed the female devil raging inside me with chocolate and alcohol, this time I had nothing to calm the beast. Needless to say, it's been straight misery.
 
The only silver lining is that I was beating myself up about the scale not really going down but I'm thinking its due to the requisite bloating associated with all of those girl things that happen.
 
I apologize to everyone reading this post. If you know me, you know talking about things like body parts and girl times is almost as awkward as this.
 
Diet today consisted of some paleo bread and almond butter for breakfast, some green juice, three hard boiled eggs and a spinach salad for lunch, some dried fruit and nuts, a banana, and for dinner I'll be having chicken "stir fry".
 
Workout consisted of a run to work, and tonight will be an hour of spinning, and a circuit inspired by my friend Bob's new blog: http://becominginvincible.blogspot.com/, just minus all the power lifting and d swinging...:)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment