Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 9 & Day 10: The Weekend

I'm not going to lie, the motivation to keep this blog going and my paleo diet totally fell off the wagon this weekend.

I could come up with a million excuses about why I didn't post yesterday, or why I let myself have a bite of a brownie, but there really are no excuses. In the grand scheme of things, neither one is an offense that really has any effect on anything other than my sugar-starved, fragile psyche, but waking up this morning I was wracked with guilt. It's part of the reason this blog is incredibly difficult to get through right now, and also part of the reason I am FIENDING for non-paleo foods.

I spent my weekend towing the line and putting myself in compromising diet situations, kinda like this guy. While the bite of brownie and the not blogging were my most noteworthy offenses, I realized this weekend how hard it is to stick to a strict paleo regimen and maintain my normal, everyday social life. I could detail out each compromising situation I encountered this weekend, but that'd be boring. The life lesson learned is that my paleo-self is going through those awkward teen years--trying to find out who it is, and how to get by without totally succumbing to peer pressure.

If only Judy Blume had ventured into the world of Caveman dieting, that'd for sure be a book my paleo-teen self would love to read....





No comments:

Post a Comment