Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 19: Push it, push it real good

I went to my last Bootcamp session tonight at Pure Power, and I have to admit I'm a little bummed my trial is over. The classes are intense in the way I personally want a workout to be intense--my heart rate is definitely elevated, my muscles are tired but not from super hard core heavy weights, its more length of circuits and the amount of different stuff you're doing. And its cool to do stuff like monkey bars and berlin walls, which I'd never be able to do in my normal gym, and which will most definitely be a part of a lot of the races I have coming up. It sucks its so expensive...if you're looking for a sick and fun workout and you're in NYC, I highly recommend the three day trial at Pure Power Boot Camp.

The woman who runs it is the definition of bad ass. After our class they were doing a CMC  informational workout, which was sick.

I also got in a solid 4 miler in 31 minutes and 22 seconds, which felt good. In this month's Runner's World there's a whole article about training for races and weight loss and diet, which was a motivating read this morning on the subway. It talked about training at almost race pace for shorter runs, which is something I need to start focusing on to up my speed overall.

Diet-wise, I was pretty on point: scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast, a green juice and a banana for a snack, grilled chicken breast, brussels sprouts and spinach for lunch, and a lunabar pre-bootcamp. Today's day 19, which means I have 12 days until the end of March. I'd like to officially say I'm down 15 throughout this challenge, so from here on out my eyes are on that as the prize. And then, its all about maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment