Thursday, March 7, 2013

DAy 7: AW YEAH

This morning I woke up with the Rocky theme song playing in my head. Why you ask? Well, because I made it through an entire week of eating like a caveman. If such a feat doesn't deserve a sound track, well then I don't know what does.

But today I spent most of my day trying to convince myself I wasn't hungry. I don't know what my problem was, I had a normal breakfast: avocado, green juice and a hard boiled egg chaser, some nuts and dried fruit as a snack, bronzino and bok choy for lunch, and a larabar and banana before I went to TRX. But food was LITERALLY the only thing I thought about the entire day.

I figure some days are just going to be like that. Yesterday was a pretty hard day at the gym, so I'm using that as my excuse for my obsessive hunger and cranky attitude today. It's that, or I have a tapeworm.

At the end of week one, I'm 5.5 pounds down from my original starting weight. I've gone to the gym consistently, and most days I went twice a day and did both cardio and weight or PT work. I'm feeling really positive about all of the results: my energy levels are pretty solidly high, my workouts haven't suffered, I've lost some puffiness. So what is up with my monster 'tude?

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. The fact that I can confidently cross off a week of strict, hard core paleo living almost ensures it.



3 comments:

  1. It's sugar withdrawal. It's awful. You might even get flu-like symptoms, but once you get over it you'll feel so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blech. ok, i guess i should be thankful that I dont have any flu-like symptoms!! Thanks for showing me some additional bright side:)

      Delete
  2. it sounds like you aren't eating enough for how much you're working out...

    ReplyDelete